Summer is not over yet and I am not here to depress you with the fact that it's coming to an end. It's the season most of us end up generally slacking on our commitments. The budget spreadsheets, exercise regimen, and diets sometimes go out the window because vacation, summer day parties, brunches, happy hour, festivals, concerts, and basically everything else that is fun.
Everything might not be for you, but take what you need...I got you. ;)
Detox: Yo body is a temple!
- Drink a 1/2 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) "with the mother" and 1 tablespoon of 100% lemon juice every morning and night.
- Start incorporating vegetables in EVERY meal. Yes, every.
- Increase your water intake. Can you drink a gallon a day? Dare you? Your skin will thank you. Trust me
Exercise: Let's get fit!
- Try to work out 3-4 times a week, even if just for 30 minutes
- Lower your sets and reps to prevent an injury
- Get a workout/accountability partner to help keep you motivated
Save: It's time to pay yourself back!
- First and foremost make sure your bills are paid and if you've been slacking, you need to fall allllll the way back from your funtivities.
- Start by saving a fraction of what you used to save each paycheck until you're comfortable enough to go back to original amount. Pro tip: Increase that fraction and live below your means.
- If you've been meaning to start putting money away to build a savings, but haven't gotten to it yet, no worries! You can literally start today. Set a realistic goal of how much you want to save each month from your monthly income. It helps to use a spreadsheet and break down what you usually spend with each paycheck and for what. Be honest! Even if you start with a small don't touch it and watch it grow. You'll start to not miss it and then eventually increase that amount. This is your seed. Water it. Nourish it. Watch it mature.
We see people our age living lavishly, constantly traveling, and we compare our current situation to what we think it should be. Let's stop that. It's never too late to start over and make a difference in our lives. I am not perfect and honestly I'm guilty of inconsistency with these things too, but I've realized my goals are more important than feeding into "right now happy." The year isn't over yet, so there is still time to do what you said back in January. We can do it. Si, se puede!
For nothing will be impossible with God.
Selah. (Pause and think on that)